As already revealed on Facebook, Wiltshire Council has firmly refused the Redcliffe Homes outline planning application for the land between Cemetery Road and Woolley Street. Its refusal is on the grounds that the application contravenes several policies in the Wiltshire Core Strategy and the Bradford o Avon Neighbourhood Plan. In particular, it would:
- urbanise the rural landscape and harm the setting of our Local Green Space,
- not be environmentally sustainable for the local habitat,
- impact on our local heritage assets,
- lead to unacceptably unsafe conditions on adjacent roads,
- result in unacceptable impact on highway safety,
- harm important views into and out of the Conservation Area and
- not secure the necessary infrastructure provisions.
The full ‘Decision Notice’ is published on the application website (reference 19/09366/OUT). The developer has six months in which to appeal.
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this refusal through their comments. However, an appeal is possible so don’t relax totally, and remember Bellway!